News 2015

• Cannondale presenta la nuova Scalpel, la sua bici biammortizzata da cross country che adesso ha 120 millimetri di escursione anteriore e posteriore in tutte le sue versioni. Sembra che sia cambiato poco, a prima vista, ma sono i dettagli che fanno la differenza e che rendono questa Scalpel 2024 nettamente più performante del modello precedente.
    Iscriviti al canale se non l'hai ancora fatto (clicca qui).

Muca

Biker extra
21/4/13
Oltrepò
www.facebook.com
magari metto un modello alla volta...

iniziamo con la Uncle Jimbo my 2015

Uncle Jimbo

I’ll come out and say what you’re all thinking: this bike has a weird name. When I first appeared at the bike-housing tent at the hotel we were staying at, the only bike left I could play with was one of these. Apparently the name is a hangover from a previous designer; I’m sure in the rest of Europe it is absolutely fine, but it does read as a little mental in the English speaking world. Uncle Jimbo is your slightly threatening and a little creepy relative – the one who smells a bit funny, and has biscuit crumbs all over his (extremely aged, and mostly not-there anymore) jumper.
But the bike itself presents very, very well indeed. As the Rose Bikes philosophy is one of complete customisation I’ll not dwell on the parts list too much, but the cockpit was appropriately short of stem, and wide of bar. The slack head angle (66º) and fairly steep seat angle (75º) translated into something that pedalled acceptably for a 160mm root-tamer (within my own orangutang constraints); there was a wonderfully buttery-smooth Pike on the front, a RockShox Monarch Plus on rear duties, and a largely Shimano drivetrain with Formula brakes. It goes almost without saying that this is a 27.5in bike.
Going up?

The rain that was threatening, and had deluged the mountains for the three days prior, was reluctant to appear. The sun was actually making a cameo appearance. So your correspondent and other journo-types made out way to the first uplift of the day – a chair lift which sped is up from the centre of town and deposited us at the top of the Lisl Osl trail, a 2.6k trail with 450m of vertical descending. I put the shock into ‘descend’ and let rip. Out of the gate, the trail was extremely loose. The Gaisberg mountain is limestone, and the trail had been recently repaired – every corner was extremely drifty, very loose and fast. It was actually hard to tell what the bike was doing; the trail itself was so drifty. There were more than a couple of technical sections, and if I hit them quickly I felt the back end blow through its travel a little to fast, although things were sufficiently loose that I didn’t feel confident riding the front end too hard. I didn’t attempt a vertical drop-in – and was extremely happy, as it transpired that there was another below it with an overhang to roll off. Wet trails, too-small bikes and copious lack of technique would have seen me off, I suspect. Once at the bottom of the trail, relieved and somewhat muddy, I flicked the Monarch lever on to trail. A little more compression damping should see me right.
This was something else entirely. Over 1000m of descent over 7km, this trail had it all. Hyperfast alpine singletrack? Check. Brutal braking bumps? Check. Raised wooden sections? Check. Unbelieveably rooty, steep gnarliness? Good grief, yes. Check check check. This was the best trail I’d ridden all year. Cleanable – just – if you’re on top of your game, this was the trail I returned to time and again during my stay in Kirchberg. And the Uncle Jimbo loved it. The increased damping that the mid, ‘trail’ shock setting dialled worked beautifully. There was more ‘kick’, less wallow, when I pushed hard on the pedals, but still a fabulously bottomless feel to proceedings when everything became (a lot) steeper. The front end was slack enough to feel confident, and steep enough to really work the corners when pushed as hard as I dared, and the Pike performed as expected – perfectly.

Muca

Biker extra
21/4/13
Oltrepò
www.facebook.com
poi tocca alla Granite Chief my 2015

Granite Chief

A tiny bit less travel than the Uncle Jimbo, at 147mm instead of 160mm, the 27.5in Granite Chief is nonetheless quite a different beast. The steerer is a degree steeper (with a 150mm fork), the BB is lower, the chain stays are a little longer. The reach and stack are much the same, but it rides very differently. The shock is shorter, and more progressive. It rides, in short, like a very, very capable long travel trail bike – at least with the setup I rode – lots of Fox and SRAM drivetrain – although once again you can set it up almost however you like.
Down the Fleckalm trail, it felt noticeably more perky. You had to work harder to maintain similar sorts of speeds to the Jimbo, but the upside was an almost lightning fast ability to change direction off the front. That extra degree of head angle still felt realtively stable at speed, though. The slightly more progressive Fox shock also meant that flicking and placing the back end was slightly easier, although I would have liked to tweak the shock a little more during my time with it to get it a little more dialled to my taste. It’s hard to make more direct comparisons, as the bike had different kit, but it certainly seemed to have potential as the all-rounder that Rose are marketing. For these trails, perhaps the Uncle Jimbo felt a tiny bit more capable – but for UK stuff, I think the Granite Chief may well be well worth a squint.

Muca

Biker extra
21/4/13
Oltrepò
www.facebook.com
e infine alle Root Miller anche lei, ovviamente, my 2015

Root Miller

The full-suss Rose bikes are all very similar in design – the inverted pivot is on the seat-tube; there’s a Horst link – so differentiating them from a distance is quite hard, but they all ride very differently.
Root Miller is another ridiculous name – this time for a long(ish) travel 29er. 130mm front and rear, my one had Revelations and Monarch rear shock. A slightly longer stem than I’m used to (70mm) meant more room – and so this bike felt the most comfy for lurch-like me. It’s also 10mm longer in the top tube than either of the other two, as 29ers often seem to be. I don’t think it had a bearing on proceedings overmuch – at least, in the spirit of impartiality I hope not – but I really, really enjoyed my all-too brief time on the Root Miller.
It didn’t ride like you’d expect a 29er to – it was lively, rode light, and it was very, very capable. The only caveat was that I overwhelmed the fork once or twice on some of the more free-ridey aspects of the trails I rode; a 140mm or larger Pike would have been preferable. Happily, such a bike exists in the Root Miller ‘Supertrail’, a prototype of which was in evidence, but sadly only in Medium.
Still, the regular 130mm forked one carved turns much better than I expected, tucking into corners just so, and felt more than capable on some of the more extreme parts of the trail. There was a little fork flex, perhaps, during hard cornering, but I can’t tell whether this was psychological or not (I usually run a Pike back home). I was genuinely sorry to hand it back, though.
Overall, I very much enjoyed my time riding the new Rose models in Austria. Should you fancy a trip to the Alps, consider Tyrol in Austria – loads of purpose built trails made of pure awesome fun. And roots: lots of roots.
And never having ridden Rose bikes before, the capability and thought put into the new designs was very obvious – the majority of the bikes were either completely new or have had huge redesigns from the 2014 models. I had the chance to also ride a 2014 Granite Chief – and although I enjoyed myself, I didn’t feel the back end worked quite as well. Of course, that’s not to say it wasn’t something to do with the shock, or other feature, so comparisons are pretty meaningless – but each of these bikes, taken in isolation, was great fun to ride on these trails, and I can imagine any of them working very well over here.
End Premier Content

Certainly, if you’re in the market for a new full-suspension bike, across a range of travel, Rose bikes are well worth investigating.

Rose Italia

Biker cesareus
10/12/09
Lago di Como
www.rosebikes.it
Bike
ROSE
e arrivano i primi risultati dei nuovi mezzi- Psycho Path la bici più veloce

image.php

ciao
Sergio

Allegati

• rose_pc_000954.pdf
    1,4 MB · Visite: 26

holland

Biker novus
31/8/12
colli berici
Visita sito
Sarò di parte ma solo io preferisco le vecchie linee "ignoranti" per UJ e GC ? premesso che le nuove grafiche sono bellissime ma per questi due modelli avrei preferito un orizzontale come il SF senza quella curva uguale per tutta la linea di modelli.

salukkio

Biker imperialis
26/2/08
Medolago (BG)
Visita sito
Bike
Transition Patrol
[MENTION=53775]Rose Italia[/MENTION]: ho letto su un sito di settore che i modelli 2015 saranno disponibili sul sito a partire dal mese di agosto
Confermi?

life

Biker forumensus
qualche modello 2015 è già online. strada però. per mtb dobbiamo attendere fino a novembre circa.

ciao
Sergio

Caspita ... attenderemo con ansia ...

Sinceramente cosi come avete rivoluzionato i telai ( a me piacciono )
consiglierei di rivedere un pò l interfaccia del sito , anche nella configurazione delle bici lo trovo un pò confusionario , sarà una mia impressione ...

Aspettiamo novembre :medita:

[email protected]

Biker novus
22/8/14
Visita sito
Ciao, sono nuovo ma è tutta l'estate che leggo questo splendido forum per imparare.... Ora che mi si è incollata sulla schiena una 'scimmiona' a forma di bici devo assolutamente arrivare a comprare la mia bici ideale!
Lascio il mio piccolo contributo segnalando che Rose ha pubblicato gli sconti sui modelli 2014, a questo proposito avendo puntato come potenziale bici della mia vita la Thrill Hill, chiedo a voi esperti se mi conviene attendere la nuova versione e se sapete come sarà o se è meglio approfittare dell'offerta attuale.
Attualmente ho una Ktm ultra sport che mi ha iniziato a questo fantastico mondo.

Rose Italia

Biker cesareus
10/12/09
Lago di Como
www.rosebikes.it
Bike
ROSE
Ciao, sono nuovo ma è tutta l'estate che leggo questo splendido forum per imparare.... Ora che mi si è incollata sulla schiena una 'scimmiona' a forma di bici devo assolutamente arrivare a comprare la mia bici ideale!
Lascio il mio piccolo contributo segnalando che Rose ha pubblicato gli sconti sui modelli 2014, a questo proposito avendo puntato come potenziale bici della mia vita la Thrill Hill, chiedo a voi esperti se mi conviene attendere la nuova versione e se sapete come sarà o se è meglio approfittare dell'offerta attuale.
Attualmente ho una Ktm ultra sport che mi ha iniziato a questo fantastico mondo.

ciao,
il progetto Thrill Hill è nuovo (2014) e per il 2015 non sarà modificato se non nelle grafiche quindi...
image.php

buona serata
Sergio

ciamba

Biker popularis
16/8/12
Torino
Visita sito
Bike
HT LT
Ciao tutti !!

da queste ulteriori foto da EUROBIKE

http://www.mtb-news.de/news/2014/08/29/eurobike-rose-2015-alles-neu-macht-der-mai/

ma vale la stessa cosa per altre foto cercando in rete..

sembra che quasi in tutti i Modelli 2015, in particolar modo nella Uncle e nella Granite, estendendo il reverb al massimo e inserendolo completamante nel canotto (es Uncle), rimanga un FUORISELLA molo alto rispetto al manubrio, impostando una posizione di guida forse un pò scomoda sul piano.

Non so se mi sono spiegato ... cosa ne pensate?

grazie

Classifica mensile dislivello positivo